NPS Customer Service Policy
Our Customer Service team is available to answer any questions you may have. During a normal business week, our Customer Service Center is available 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday, by calling 1-800-558-5066.
In addition, all of our customer support representatives have voicemail, and may also be reached by e-mail.
CUSTOMER SERVICE POINT OF CONTACT
Phone: 800-558-5066 or 920-983-9223 Fax: 920-983-9291 Email Customer Service
NPS Corporation (Main Office) 3303 Spirit Way Green Bay, WI 54304
Spilfyter Operations 1680 Bond St. Green Bay, WI 54302
There may be exceptions to this schedule during company functions and holidays. To ensure that the service we provide is as smooth and convenient as possible, we ask that when you place your order, please refer to the following guidelines.
All sales orders submitted are subject to standard NPS Corporation Terms and Conditions.
Minimum Size for Your Order :
The minimum order size is:
- $500 on our Spilfyter branded products.
- Full Pallets on our Response branded products – contact your NPS representative for order minimums These minimums do not apply to custom orders.
If your order does not meet the minimum size, you will be asked to:
- Increase your order size to meet the minimum, or delay placing your order until your need meets the minimum.
Required Information for Placing Your Order:
Please be sure to include the following information when placing your order:
- Your customer “ship to” address.
- Your customer purchase order (PO) number.
- Phone Number of “Ship-To” Address.
- Requested delivery or pick-up date (see guidelines)
- Product description.
- Quantity ordered.
- Special instructions (for example, “Ship with other PO.”)
Required Lead Time for Orders
To allow the standard lead time and ensure timely delivery, please be sure to place your order as follows:
Sorbents/Spill Kits/Wipes/Specialty (Spilfyter)
- Less than 6 pallets = 3 business days
- Greater than 6 pallets = 5 business days
- Custom = 10 business day lead on first order, 5 business day lead on any additional orders
- International = 10 business days
- Towel and Tissue (Response) 1 truckload = 5 business days
- Less than 6 pallets = 3 business days
- Other guidelines: While order changes are welcome and allowed, the size and timing of order changes can adversely affect the shipping of your order in a timely manner. Please contact your NPS Corporation Sales Representative or the NPS Corporation Customer Service team for your specific schedule. Longer lead times may apply for customers requesting product that is made-to-order, customized, customer branded, or for our international customers.
Again, we request that you allow the standard lead time for your orders to ensure your product is delivered to you as you need it, when you need it. However, if this is not possible due to circumstances beyond your control and you must place an order change, we will make every effort to accommodate it if possible. If we are unable to secure transportation for the originally requested delivery date, we will work to accommodate the first available delivery for which we can secure transportation, before moving your order.
Full Pallets Quantities
Most product codes require full pallet quantities. Your sales representative shall approve all exceptions.
Full Truckloads – Cut & Fill Items
Every effort is made to fill orders at 100 percent of the quantity requested. In the case where the full amount of product is not available to be shipped on a customer order, our Customer Service team will contact the customer to notify of any shortages. Because a customer’s needs may change by the time additional product becomes available, NPS Corporation does not do automatic back orders. NPS will work with each customer to resolve the backorder situation.
NPS Corporation’s Customer Pick-Up Program
As an alternative to delivery, NPS Corporation offers a customer pick-up program. To participate in this program, you must meet the following guidelines:
- The customer will take ownership of products at the time of pick-up.
- Payment terms are based on the pick-up date.
- Standard lead times as if NPS was shipping the product shall apply.
- NPS will call you to schedule a pick-up and such call will be at least 24 hours in advance.
- No partial pickups allowed.
- Minimum order quantities as stated on page one of the policy shall also apply to orders that are picked up.
- Customers are responsible for all late or detention fees, pallet costs and/or exchange.
- NPS Corporation reserves the right to review and administer changes based on compliance with the program.
- Customer truck drivers and carriers are responsible for all product overages, shortages, and damage at the time of pick-up.
- Any overage, shortage or damage must be reported to the NPS Corporation Traffic Coordinator. Our call number is 920-983-2212.
- “Customer load and count” will not be allowed on the bill of lading. This means that the contents of a container cannot be loaded and counted by the customer or its assigned carrier and not checked or verified by NPS.
- NPS Corporation will not be liable for product deficiencies caused by the Customer’s failure to comply with the provisions of the pick up policy. Complying with these guidelines is essential to the success of the program. Unless agreed to in advance of pick-up, there shall be no exceptions allowed. Please contact the NPS Corporation Customer Service team at 800-558-5066 for more information, or to participate in the NPS Corporation customer pick-up program.
Loading Practices for Customer Pick-Ups
We request that all customers provide the equipment necessary to load their orders from the carrier’s trailer at the time they arrive. Accessorial charges may result in fees being assessed against the customers account if loading requirements are not met and result in additional time or manpower to reconcile.
Requirements for pick-up include:
- Please make direct contact with the NPS Traffic department a minimum of 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Minimum Container Height Of 101”.
- In the event a scheduled pick-up cannot be completed, you must contact the NPS Traffic department to avoid additional accessorial charges.
- NPS allows up to 48 hours for customers to pick up product after the desired pick-up date. If product is not picked up during 48 hour grace period NPS reserves the right to apply warehousing fees on orders that remain at NPS for longer than 48 hours after scheduled pick-up.
- On full truckload shipments, customers must identify cut and fill items (where applicable).
- Shipper Load/Carrier Count Shipments are loaded by NPS Corporation employees and must be counted by the carrier before the trailer is sealed. NPS Corporation will reserve the right to file a claim for any shortages with the carrier, unless the seal is intact, and so certified by the customer.
- For customers picking up an order, the carrier is responsible for all product overages, shortages, and damage at the time of pick-up.
- LTL/FTL shipments: you have up to 60 days to file a claim for anything that is damaged or missing. If the load is signed for clean, (i.e. – no damage, order is complete) and damage or shortage is claimed after the fact, you have up to 15 days to file. Anything after 15 days is automatically refused. These are legal freight policies that all carriers must follow.
- Any overages, shortages or damage must be reported to the NPS Corporation Customer Service Team at 1-800-558-5066 within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Only Stock Items/Quantities Are Authorized For Return - One Return Shipment Per Return Goods Authorization
- Product Must Be Received within 3 months (90 days) of purchase In Good, Saleable Condition For Credit To Be Issued.
- Only Full Case/Bundle Quantities Can Be Returned - No Partial Returns.
- Return Must Be Received By Return Due Date Shown in RGA Form.
- A Copy Of This Return Authorization Must Accompany The Returned Product.
- RGA Form Must Be Signed And Faxed Back To NPS Before Return Of Product.
- Returns may be subject to a 25% Re-stocking Fee.